Scenic challenging gravel road cycling on a 12 000 hectare Karoo farm where 20
8 – 14 guests (sharing).
More than 200km scenic gravel roads on a 15 000 hectare Karoo farm where 2000 head of antelope roam. Will be a great challenge for elite cyclists, serious degree of technical skill required at times.
Based at BloemhofKaroo, a gracious farmstead situated 25km south of Richmond, Northern Cape.
The cycling can be fully adapted according to needs of the group.Farm is situated 1 400 m above sea level, good for altitude training.
- Arrive in time for a SUNSET SPIN 13 km / 23 km
- Casual Welcome Dinner
- Optional SUNRISE SPEEDSTER 14 km / 22km
- Cycle to PLATEAU….. across to highest point ROOIBERG 29km
- Hopefully Zebra, Rooi Hartebeest sightings…
- Elevation of 200m ascent, challenging switchbacks.
- TRONKKLOOF HUISIE for light lunch, back to base 16km
- Drinks in The Pub and Hearty Dinner.
- Early light Breakfast.
- Cycle to STUKKENDE DAM, VLEI CAMP, RENOSTERHUIS 14km.
- Back road to PLATEAU. Well surfaced gravel roads.
- Veld Lunch, return home.
- Optional: Intense challenging ride to Rietfontein (needs to be guided).
- EVENING BRAAI and STARGAZING
- Another pre-dawn SUNRISE SPEEDSTER 22km
- BREAKFAST and DEPARTURE…….with wonderful memories!
- R 7 400 per person sharing
- Includes: ALL MEALS, BEVERAGES, LOCAL BEER and WINE.
3 NIGHT CYCLING BREAKAWAY is being offered at a 20% discount to the first 2 group bookings (Minimum 8 guests).
Contact: Jenny Pickard email@example.com
082 449 7700